- 1 Tbsp Butter, Unsalted, to deglaze pan
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 7 Parsnips, peeled and chopped.
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Peel parsnips with a vegetable peeler, and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter on medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Place chopped parsnips into the skillet, and stir frequently to ensure all are cooking evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic, and cinnamon, and continue to stir until all are coated evenly.
- Add the last tablespoon of butter if needed to mobilize the spices.
- Saute on medium heat until parsnips are slightly browned on the outside and soft through the middle, about 20 minutes depending on thickness of parsnips.
Recipe from primalpalate.com