Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 medium parsnips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp runny honey
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary and thyme
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC
- Peal the carrots and parsnips and chop the larger ones lengthwise into halves/quarters so that all pieces are about 1-2cm wide.
- Put the carrots and parsnips into a baking tray, ensuring that they all have a bit of space.
- Mix the olive oil (1 tsp) and honey (1 tbsp) in a cup and brush over the carrots and parsnips. Lay over the sprigs of rosemary and thyme and season with salt.
- Put into the oven and roast for 35-45 minutes (until they’re soft with a little bite). Give the tray a shake every now and again to help them cook evenly.
- Once they’re cooked, they’re ready to serve.